Did You Know
In 2011, ArtsWestchester:
- Supported and sustained the arts, awarding grants totaling more than $1.5 million.
- Provided transportation to cultural sites for more than 376 senior citizens and 922 students.
- Launched a blog, This and That by JL, and a monthly column for Venu magazine to build the visibility of Westchester’s cultural groups in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
- Mounted seven exhibitions in our Peckham and Shenkman Galleries, including The Bank and Trust Show supported by the National Endowment of the Arts and Dafina: Hidden Treasure, an exhibition of rare work from 12 countries in West Africa.
- Expanded the reach of our web-based calendar by providing a feed to Westchester Magazine’s website.
- Brought artist residencies to 46 schools and 65 community sites, including after-school programs, mental health facilities, and senior apartment buildings.
- Initiated a public art program at the newly renovated Cross County Shopping Center.
- Distributed free tickets to cultural events in Westchester County to over 800 mental health clients.
- Presented Free Arts Day with 15 cultural partners, including Historic Hudson Valley, Hudson River Museum, Katonah Museum, Neuberger Museum, and Picture House.
- Completed a three-year federally-funded professional development program for Mount Vernon teachers.
- Mounted five exhibitions at Mount Vernon Public Library.
- Showcased 60 local musicians and performing artists in our Live@ArtsWestchester performance programs.
- Supported and co-curated multi-cultural festivals in Port Chester and Mount Kisco through our folk arts program.
- Increased public awareness of Westchester’s vibrant Latino culture through the Encuentros Culturales initiative.
- Turned the spotlight on more than 250 free and low-cost outdoor summer music events through the three-month Music in the Air marketing initiative.
- Represented the arts on the Tourism Cluster of Mid Hudson Regional Council, one of 10 Regional Economic Development Councils established by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Formerly Westchester Arts Council |
31 Mamaroneck Avenue, 3rd FL |
White Plains, NY 10601 |
Email Us |