Artist Residency Program
The arts are about more than concertos in concert halls and paintings in museums; they can be tools for teaching and cultural expression. ArtsWestchester can connect you to the power of the arts with our Artist Residency Program. This program is designed enhance the work you are doing by integrating the arts into a variety of school and human service settings. From classrooms to after school programs, day care centers to shelters, the arts can make a tremendous difference in reaching and teaching.
The Artist Residency Program can:
- Help you match a professional teaching artist with your site or school’s needs to design an artist residency that weaves the arts into the curriculum addressing NYS Learning Standards to achieve educational goals or into your existing community programs to achieve social or behavioral goals.
- Provide you with technical assistance and integrated arts program development at your school and site.
- Enable you to engage professional artists at reasonable affordable rates…no negotiating necessary!
- Supply you with our helpful handbook series, paperwork to plan and assess your residency.
- Free you from back office work, such as issuing contracts and payments, troubleshooting, etc.
- Entitle you to free admission to ArtsWestchester professional development workshops and Arts News Subscription
The Artist Residency Program has worked for hundreds of schools and organizations throughout Westchester. Read their stories here!
To learn more about bringing a residency to your school contact education@ArtsWestchester.org.
Interested in becoming a teaching artist? Please visit out Teaching Artist FAQ page.