CIRCA 1986 Redux: R. M. Fischer
Sunday June 24, 2012 - Sunday July 29, 2012
For the past twenty-five years, Fischer has been blurring the lines between art, architecture and design.
Breaking with the functionalism of his earlier industrial assemblages and public sculpture, R. M. Fischer’s new combinations of hard and soft forms turns utilitarian character on its head with the artist’s baroque additions of fetish-like amalgamations of figures. The new soft additions of organic shapes are crafted out of colorful vinyl, felt, and upholstery sewn together with thread and stuffed into large, fetish-like appendages fastened to his familiar, machine-like constructions crafted out of steel, aluminum and brass.
- Sunday June 24, 2012 - Sunday July 29, 2012
- Saturday, Sunday
- 12-6pm; Weekdays by appointment
- $5.00 - General Admission
- $2.00 - Children/Students (with valid ID)
- $4.00 - Seniors/ Educators (with Valid ID)