- Arts Centers
- Arts Councils
- Cultural Centers
- Historic Sites
- Literary Arts
- Parks and Recreation
- Performing Arts
- Dana Schutz, Guitar Girl, 2009
- Standing Figure, Vollolobei, Toma Peoples
- Edward Hopper, Barber Shop, 1931 Oil on canvas, Collection Neuberger Museum of Art Purchase College, SUNY
- FEMALE FACE MASK ngady mwaash, Kuba peoples, Democratic Republic of the Congo 19th–20th century
- William Baziotes, Dying Bird, 1950
- Tania Bruguera at The Neu
Neuberger Museum of Art
Westchester County's premier museum of modern art, African art, and the art of our time.
Category: Arts Centers, Museums
Purchase College SUNY
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, New York 10577
Neuberger Museum of Art is Westchester County’s premier museum of modern, contemporary, and African art and an integral part of Purchase College.
From the mid-century American art and African art that form the core of the collection to the presentation of about ten changing exhibitions each year that range from retrospectives of the work of one artist to thematic surveys of contemporary art to newly-commissioned artist projects, we continue the commitment of founding patron Roy R. Neuberger (1903-2010) by championing the art of our time.
A teaching museum, the Neuberger actively promotes cultural and educational opportunities for the community with special attention to reaching out to the culturally and ethnically diverse population of Westchester County and to targeting new audiences.
A wide array of public programs for the general public include Art Sandwiched-In lunchtime art talks; artist lectures; panel discussions; and interdisciplinary exhibition celebrations.
For families we present Family First Saturdays, free events the first Saturday of most months that feature tours, art workshops and performances.
Area K-12 students find curriculum enhancement on school tours and through multi-visit programs such as the Museum/School Program and Writing Through the Arts.
College students create and present First Wednesdays during the school year, which offer unique and dynamic interaction with exhibitions and are open to the public.
OPEN: Tue-Sun, 12-5 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays; first Saturday of each month free.
- Program Description
- The Neuberger Museum of Art offers education programs which introduce visitors to American art of the 20th century, traditional African art and contemporary art through visitor-centered experiences. The museum staff develops and implements educational programs, under the umbrella of The Phillip and Lynn Straus Center for Education in the Arts, that serve diverse audiences and establish the Neuberger Museum of Art as a regional center for curriculum-based art education.