- Arts Centers
- Arts Councils
- Cultural Centers
- Historic Sites
- Literary Arts
- Parks and Recreation
- Performing Arts
- Bo Ramsay and Greg Brown live at the Emelin on 02/13/2010
- Up in the Air screening with Q&A
- Judah Friedlander at the Emelin
- Simone at the Emelin
- Fraulein Maria at the Emelin
- Suzanne Vega at the Emelin
The oldest continuously operating performing arts theater in Westchester County!
Category: Performing Arts, Cultural Centers
153 Library Lane
Mamaroneck, New York 10543
The Emelin offers a wide variety of programming, including film, theatre, family programming and many diverse music series such as bluegrass, cabaret, blues, rock, pop, folk, world music and more!
Located in Mamaroneck, New York, and founded in 1972, the Emelin is the oldest continuously operating performing arts theater in Westchester County. Its mission is to bring the best in live performing arts to Westchesrer and other nearby communities and to promote a cultural life that entertains, educates, and invigorates. The Emelin, well-known for its high-quality and affordable programs, is one of the few performing arts venues in this region which offers a broad mix of entertainment appealing to all ages and tastes, produces its own theater performances, and attracts diverse audiences throughout Westchester County and beyond. Due to its strategic location in central Westchester, the Emelin also attracts theatergoers from New York City, New Jersey, and lower Connecticut.
- Program Description
- The Emelin offers various free artist workshops in conjunction with performances. These are announced through the season. The Emelin also offers the School Outreach Program, which has brought 3,500 to 4,000 children each year from Westchester County schools into our theatre. Children represent a variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds from about 40 different schools throughout the County. For many of these children, it is their first experience with live theatre and it can be life changing - the start of a life-long love and appreciation of theatre! Through the School Outreach Program, which offers free or reduced price tickets, learning extends from the classrooms to the stage. The productions are often based on children\'s literature and represent a variety of culturally diverse and socially and historically relevant themes. All the Outreach productions are tied to curriculum through study guides, and teachers are encouraged to incorporate the plays\' themes into classroom discussions and topics. As budget cutbacks at our schools have limited our arts education programs, the School Outreach Program fills a critical need.
- Community Outreach, High School, K-5, Middle School, Pre-K, Workshops
- 914.698.3045 x111